The One-Stop Process
Helping Our Students Get Accepted To Their Top Choices!
At One-Stop, we work hard to demystify the college admission process for you. Laurie Weingarten, our Director of College Admissions Counseling will meet with students, as early as 9th grade, to gain a comprehensive understanding of the applicant’s goals and future aspirations. She will then develop the best possible plan, unique and personalized, to ensure your student’s success in the competitive world of college admissions!
This process is as follows:
- We begin with a review of the student’s current high school course load, and we suggest ways to make the transcript stronger.
- We finalize a testing plan: SAT/ACT/SAT Subject Tests/AP Tests.
- Next, we work together to create a “brag sheet” for awards, extracurricular activities, work and volunteer experience that highlights the student’s passions.
- We assess the student’s summer job experience and volunteer opportunities to develop ways to enhance the application.
- We identify the “best fit” schools in which to apply, incorporating academic goals. We select an appropriate mix of “reach, target and likely” schools.
- We coach the applicant to write “winning” essays.
- We help identify the teachers who can write the most compelling letters of recommendation.
- We conduct practice interviews to make sure the student is prepared and confident for the interview.
- We formulate a “demonstrated interest” plan.
- We help decide whether early action/early decision plans represent the optimal choice for the student.
- We guide the student during the final decision process to choose their ideal college/university.
We are always available to answer your questions! Together we’ll explore the possibilities and strive to turn your dreams into reality!