The One-Stop Process
Helping Our Students Get Accepted To Their Top Choices!
At One-Stop, we work hard to demystify the college admission process for you. Our counselors will meet with students and their families to gain a comprehensive understanding of the applicant’s goals and future aspirations. They will then develop the best possible plan, unique and personalized, to ensure your student’s success in the competitive world of college admissions!
This process is as follows:
- We begin with a review of the student’s current high school course load, and we suggest ways to make the transcript stronger.
- We finalize a testing plan: SAT/ACT/SAT Subject Tests/AP Tests.
- Next, we work together to create a resume for awards, extracurricular activities, work and volunteer experience that highlights the student’s passions.
- We assess the student’s summer job experience and volunteer opportunities to develop ways to enhance the application.
- We identify the “best fit” colleges, incorporating academic and social goals. We select an appropriate mix of “reach, target and likely” schools.
- We coach the applicant to write “winning” essays in their own voice.
- We provide guidelines to help the students select teachers who can write the most compelling letters of recommendation.
- We conduct practice interviews to make sure the student is prepared and confident for the interview.
- We formulate a college visitation strategy and a “demonstrated interest” plan.
- We help decide whether early action/early decision plans represent the optimal choice for the student.
- We guide the student during the final decision process to choose their ideal college/university.
- We offer a transition to college meeting to address issues/concerns/questions to help ensure success over the next four years.
Together we’ll explore the possibilities and strive to turn your dreams into reality!